Thursday 17 December 2009

My Clumsiness Goes Interstellar

I must confess I have always been a bit on the clumsy side, but this last week or so my clumsiness has gone interstellar. I've not long since finished clearing up possibly my biggest clumsiness achievement, where I sent a bottle of maple syrup smashing into a thousand tiny, sticky pieces on the kitchen tiles. Luckily our two cats weren't in the vicinity to start trailing sticking shards (not to mention blood) through the house on their paws. 

My cousin thinks the clumsiness could be down to hormones - she went through a similar phase with both her pregnancies, whilst my other half thinks its because my centre of balance is all out of kilter with the bump. Whatever the reason, its driving me half insane, not least because my most loathed maneuver these days is having to bend down. 

On a separate note, had a good chat with a friend on the subject of what colours to dress babies in, she put her now 7 year old daughter in varying shades of blue from birth, I remember her always looking v. cool, but now said friend has mentioned she recently looked back at all the baby pics and can't see past her daughter looking like a boy in every shot. Oh the dilemma's that hit you as a new parent...